Ivan Pepelnjak, CCIE No. 1354, is a 25-year veteran of the networking industry. He has more than 10 years of experience in designing, installing, troubleshooting and operating large service provider and enterprise WAN and LAN networks.
He is currently chief technology advisor at NIL Data Communications, focusing on advanced IP-based networks and Web technologies. His books include MPLS and VPN Architectures and EIGRP Network Design. Check out his IOS Hints blog.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Ivan Pepelnjak
- The case for cloud automation and orchestration
- High-availability cloud infrastructure: Over the top?
- Building scalable IaaS network infrastructure
- What are the benefits of MPLS VPN/VPLS connections?
- Do providers use MPLS to design cloud architecture?
- How do multi-tenant services and IaaS differ?
- Ensuring multi-tenant security in cloud services
- IPv6 security issues: Implementation is key
- Maximizing bandwidth use in ring Provider Backbone Bridging networks
- Can PBB-TE with path protection cut my ring bandwidth?
- Provider Backbone Bridging (PBB): Ready for prime time?
- Can you build PBB networks without spanning tree?
- Behind building an IPv6-enabled service provider core
- How can service providers limit P2P traffic in routers?
- MPLS to MPLS-TP: The technology differences
- What are the advantages of Ethernet in an access network?
- What are the advantages of DWDM over a virtual switching supervisor?
- Need an exploding Internet routing table fix? Try LISP
- Virtual aggregation: Help for Internet routing tables
- Comparing IPv4 to IPv6 translation solutions