Ivan Pepelnjak, CCIE No. 1354, is a 25-year veteran of the networking industry. He has more than 10 years of experience in designing, installing, troubleshooting and operating large service provider and enterprise WAN and LAN networks.
He is currently chief technology advisor at NIL Data Communications, focusing on advanced IP-based networks and Web technologies. His books include MPLS and VPN Architectures and EIGRP Network Design. Check out his IOS Hints blog.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Ivan Pepelnjak
- What are the benefits of MPLS VPN/VPLS connections?
- IPv6 security issues: Implementation is key
- Provider Backbone Bridging (PBB): Ready for prime time?
- Can you build PBB networks without spanning tree?
- Behind building an IPv6-enabled service provider core
- How can service providers limit P2P traffic in routers?
- Maximizing bandwidth use in ring Provider Backbone Bridging networks
- Can PBB-TE with path protection cut my ring bandwidth?
- MPLS to MPLS-TP: The technology differences
- What are the advantages of Ethernet in an access network?
- What are the advantages of DWDM over a virtual switching supervisor?
- Need an exploding Internet routing table fix? Try LISP
- Virtual aggregation: Help for Internet routing tables
- IPv6 transition: Curing IPv4 address exhaustion
- Comparing IPv4 to IPv6 translation solutions
- How do multivendor MPLS core and edge networks compare to single-vendor?
- What are the similarities and differences between OSS and NMS?
- What is the difference between MPLS and normal IP?
- What are the benefits of a Multiprotocol Label Switching-based Border Gateway Protocol-free core?
- How will Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) interact with MPLS-TP in the future?