Tom Nolle is a strategic egghead -- someone who first wants to know the truth, no matter what it is, and then wants to explain it in a way that reaches everyone who cares to know it. He's an analyst in telecommunications, media and technology, and a former software architect who now works to blend technology detail and business reality. He has more than 30 years of experience as an author and analyst, covering the most complicated and important developments in the industry.
He is president of CIMI Corporation, a strategic consulting firm specializing in telecom and data communications since 1982. Tom is the publisher of Netwatcher, a journal addressing advanced telecom strategy issues. He is also chief architect of the CloudNFV project, a TM Forum-based implementation of the European Telecommunications Standards Institute's model for network functions virtualization (NFV).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Tom Nolle
- NFV needs a new management model
- Context-aware services require risk awareness too
- Context-aware services can add to carrier revenue
- Linking services to virtual networks is the new hurdle
- Who's calling? Authenticating VoIP users
- PSTN to VoIP: In search of user authentication
- Lower network Opex needed to maximize service revenue
- Managing virtual network services: What we know so far
- SaaS operational requirements: One size doesn't fit all
- Will IaaS providers became an endangered species?
- Cloud developer ecosystems: What you need to build them
- Building cloud-ready applications: What changes?
- Can cloud providers simplify cloud bursting?
- Mobile cloud services demand manageability and security
- Unlocking the potential of SDN controller applications
- Five barriers cloud providers face in adopting SDN
- Three models of SDN explained
- How viable is the virtual cloud operator model?
- SaaS development: Partner or acquire?
- Next-gen cloud calls for new cloud architecture design